Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Thank God for tigerfish


After my time in Israel, I flew into Cairo less than a week after Egyptian President Mubarek was thrown out of power. The Cairo airport was a ghost town with more security staff than passengers.
Despite this my bags miss my connecting flight to Aswan. Note to self: next time check them in yourself. I had a fishing trip on Lake Nasser lined up before I returned home.
I was amazed by the clarity of the water in the lake as well as the Nile itself. I had a great time living aboard the African Anglers house boats while we fished in a small tinnie through the day. I was hoping for some big Nile perch but we had struck one of the coldest weeks for that time of year so the big perch were sadly absent. Thank God for tigerfish is all I can say. These things are great on light spin gear, just watch where you put your fingers when you unhook them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment