Saturday, August 6, 2011

A visit to the holy city of Jerusalem


A constant line of people feed in and out of the famous Dome of the Rock


As my contacts were tied up for a few days, I took a tour up to the very famous city of Jerusalem.
We did all the classics, the room of the last supper, walked the stations of the cross, visited Mary's tomb, the wailing wall and the dome of the rock. I never realised just how close all of these sites are to one another. One of the amazing things I saw that day was in the Garden of Gethsemane where thousand year old olive trees reside. I never new they could live so long. It is also the site of the Church of Nations where Jesus prayed after the last supper before he was arrested by the Romans and crucified. All in all a very interesting day.

Inside the beautiful Church of Nations


No comments:

Post a Comment