Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dibba experiment station


Visiting the Dibba experiment station to see some trial work being done with thornless cactus for the first time.....I was surprised. I was expecting to see more cacti. In fact, it was the only time I saw a field of cacti throughout the entire time I was in the UAE.
The station runs many trials of local and imported crops.
We covered some country that day travelling to Masafi, Dhaid and Diba Al Hisn. It is a hard and unforgiving land with little to no water. The water they do have is all saline in one form or another. 100 millimetres of rain a year is as good as it gets. I don't think I'm going to complain about a lack of rain ever again.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post its perfect place for the children's there are so many beautiful place enjoyment.

    Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very thankful to you. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own Blog Engine blog now.
    Musandam Dibba

    ReplyDelete
  4. Musandam Dibba every one like Musandam Dibba. Place where you can spend a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Musandam Dibba is a great place i love to visit there again .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know that musandam Dibba is a wonderful place for tour but did you know that when you hire a yacht in Dubai you can see an unique and fantastic views of the Dubai city from water. hire a Yacht in Dubai

    ReplyDelete