Sunday, October 2, 2011

That's why they call it weed


After Khorog we began heading back out of the Pamirs stopping at sites as we went. It was always nice to get out of the car and walk around in a new area collecting crops and seeing them bundled up ready to thrash or be stored for the winter. For me it has been a step back in time to see crops harvested by hand.



My tent and a nice patch of cannabis (bottom right)
Our last stay was up the Yazgulem River. There was a lot of corn being grown in one of the villages and not a lot of wheat to pick from. I rolled out my tent like always, oblivious to a large quantity of cannabis I'd just moved next door to. The stuff grows wild around here like, well, a weed. There were a few photos taken of me sitting in front of my tent before I realised what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment